First comes love, then comes marriage (finally, 9 years later!), then comes a blog. That's how it goes, right?

Thursday, July 11, 2013

30 Before 30

Here's something I've seen floating around the blogosphere lately - it's basically a Bucket List for your twenties full of things you want to do before you turn 30. I've been working on this list for awhile and I think I've got it narrowed down now, so I'm gonna post it here and occasionally re-post as I knock things off the list. I turn 30 in June 2016, so I've got some time to do this stuff. Hopefully my blog will still be around by then!

1. Get a 2nd dog. Emmy needs a friend!
2. Host a New Year’s Eve party.
3. Buy a house.
4. Have a baby.
5. Play my saxophone in public again.
6. See a Mavericks home game.
7. Visit Mount Rushmore.
8. Go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
9. See a waterfall up close (not a tiny one).
10. Hike the Grand Canyon.
11. Cut my hair short again. Done! See here.
12. Vacation in Seattle.
13. See P!nk in concert.
14. See Prince in concert. Done! But I haven't blogged about it yet.
15. Take a real road trip. The several stops, drive for at least 10 hour stretches kind.
16. Complete Couch to 5K.
17. Vacation in San Francisco.
18. Learn to play the piano.
19. Make an apple pie from scratch.
20. Make every single recipe from at least one of my Bobby Flay books.
21. Read 50 books.
22. Touch a manatee.
23. Pull an all-nighter, just to prove to myself that I still can.
24. Build something from scratch, all by myself.
25. Get a new tattoo.
26. Host a fancy sit-down dinner party, with Beef Wellington as the main dish.
27. Buy a new car.
28. Visit at least 3 more MLB stadiums.
29. See a live comedy show.
30. Visit either a brewery or a vineyard/winery.

4 comments:

  1. Such a great list! I wrote my list back in the golden days of LiveJournal. I'll eventually upload it to my blog. We have a couple of similar items: go on a road trip; read 50 books (I checked that one off); and host a dinner party. Visiting a vineyard sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, it'll be cool to see yours! I've definitely read 50 books in my life (I read a lot!) But I want to read at least 50 more before I turn 30.

      Ahh, LJ... the good old days. It would take me MONTHS to transfer all my old LJ stuff haha.

      Delete
  2. coming over from the bee!
    LOVE these. especially the MLB stadiums. such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I've got to blog about baseball sometime - we do a trip every summer to a different stadium, it's tons of fun!

      Delete