First comes love, then comes marriage (finally, 9 years later!), then comes a blog. That's how it goes, right?

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Alphablog - K

K is for Kitten.

A few weeks ago, a coworker of mine found a kitten under her hood at work one day and she couldn't keep it. Even though I'm allergic, I really couldn't stand to have it just be abandoned in a parking lot, so I took it home until I could find a better home for it. Emmy was not impressed.

 
I held onto her for a couple of days, posted photos on Facebook, and exhausted all of my friends and family but unfortunately nobody wanted her. She was really small and super pretty after I cleaned her up a bit.



I had her for two days and she was affectionate, friendly, and playful. The kitten and Emmy weren't best friends or anything, but they got along fine with each other, so I thought kitty would be fine in a home with a dog.

She didn't have any accidents in the house but I don't have a litterbox to know if she is trained - I had just been taking her into the rocks outside and waiting until she went to the bathroom. I don't have any cat stuff at all as I never intended to have one - I just bought a couple cans of food to get by for a few days. As sweet as she was, I really couldn't keep her any longer - she was getting too comfortable with us and I was very uncomfortable with my allergies, but I really didn't want to drop her off at a shelter if I could avoid it!

On the third day, I had an idea - I remembered that one of the local radio DJs here sometimes talks about how he and his wife rescue animals, so I decided to ask him on Twitter if he had any ideas for me - he asked to see a photo and when he saw how cute she was, he said he wanted her! He asked if I could meet him at his gym with the kitten so I did, and he said even if he couldn't end up keeping her, he would be happy to find her a home. So cool! We even took a photo and he out it on his Twitter.


The next day, he told the whole story on the radio and said he was going to name the kitten after me, so he kept saying things like, "Whitney is the prettiest thing I've ever seen", and my friends were messaging me saying how weird/funny it was! It was a pretty cool experience and just goes to show you than no harm can come from asking, even if you think it's farfetched!

The best part of this whole thing, though, had to be when we came home sans kitten. Emmy had been on high alert for 3 days and once she realized the kitten was gone, she finally allowed herself to really sleep, and she was paaaaassed out.






Can't beat that cuteness! The kitten was pretty cute, but she's no Emmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment