First comes love, then comes marriage (finally, 9 years later!), then comes a blog. That's how it goes, right?

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bits and Pieces.

With all of the big DIY projects now done, everything else is too small to deserve it's own blog post, so occasionally I'll be posting a conglomeration post. Welcome to Mix N Match Post #1.

First up, film reels! I knew from the start that I wanted film reels in our decor. People hear Italian Film Festival Theme and automatically think Movie Theme - I've even had people ask if they should come in costume. (Sidenote: Nobody better DARE come to my wedding in a damn costume. This ain't no Halloween party.) I've seen a lot of movie-themed weddings, but this isn't really one of them. We're not shoving the theme down people's throats - we won't have a popcorn machine or concession candy or a red carpet or clapboards for centerpieces. The theme will be understated and hopefully come off elegant. Since I've never been to a wedding exactly like mine, I won't know until I see it just how how it will turn out, but I'm hoping that my vision comes to life the way that it is in our plans.

When I first started researching (*ahem*, Google searching) for inspiration, I came across a whole lot of "movie" or "Hollywood" related merchandise, but it all seemed too cheesy and in-your-face for my taste. Finally, I stumbled across a website for a store called Hollywood Megastore where I found 10" gold film reels. I ordered one to see if I liked it before ordering a whole bunch of them, and of course I loved it. Unfortunately, when I went to order them they were SOLD OUT. Damn it. I waited and waited and they never came back in stock, so eventually I gave in and ordered the black ones, figuring I could paint them.

They arrived, with enough packaging to recycle into at least 1 tree.

Original product.

Primer, gold paint, clear coat - hould have also bought a mask for my dog because I'm pretty sure she snuck outside at some point and got high. She ran around for an hour like a maniac and then ate all her food.

Sorry for the crappy picture, it was dark and the only source of light was my phone's flash. Gold and champagne film reels, all nestled away and ready to go to the venue.

I'm still working on a bunch of small projects, but none of them are done so I don't have pictures for them today, but I will soon. I'm currently finishing up little pieces of decor, mostly for our sweetheart table, and after that I'll be printing up/putting together programs.

This is my inspiration photo.

 In other news, last week I received something very exciting in the mail! I can't say what it is in case my husband-to-be happens to see this, but trust me when I say that it is the most romantic gift of all time. I totally know that there is no reason to post something like this, but I'm just so excited about it!

See, doesn't that box just LOOK romantic? =P
Next Saturday is my Bridal Shower, and I am really looking forward to it. My best friend (and MOH) is planning it, and it's going to be very "me" based on what she's told me about it. It will be nice to get together with girlfriends and have yummy food and an excuse to wear something cute! It took me awhile to figure out what to wear. I originally wanted to wear some kind of printed floral dress with a white base, but all of the ones that I liked were pink, and the color scheme for the shower is white, black, and a sort of teal/robin's egg blue and I didn't want to wear something clashed, so I'm going with a white sundress and grey accessories.


Sorry this post was so disjointed - I blame Wedding Brain. I'm in a bit of a fog lately and can't concentrate on much. That might also be because I am on a juice fast though - I don't know, too much stuff going on! 5 weeks left! Oh yeah that reminds me, with the days off that I have between now and my 2 weeks off for the wedding, I counted yesterday and I only have 17 working days left! Um, hell yeah. Hell. Yeah.

And to wrap things up, I'll leave you with this hideous dress I saw that looks like an alien's vajayjay. Don't ask me why, I have no more words.

I just... what?




No comments:

Post a Comment