First comes love, then comes marriage (finally, 9 years later!), then comes a blog. That's how it goes, right?

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Five Things

1) Debbie's Retirement
Last Friday was my mother in law's last day of work EVER. Pretty exciting! Her husband was out of town for work and I didn't want her to have to go home to an empty house on such a momentous occasion, so I had Clinton tell her to meet us at our place for dinner at 6 (but that was a trick!). I had the idea to do a little mini scavenger hunt leading her to meet us at her favorite restaurant. Since it was last-minute and there would only be about an hour from the time that she got home until she was supposed to meet us, I didn't want to make it too complicated, so I just did little poems instead of puzzles for clues.


After work we made a quick stop at Party City and then headed to her house to decorate the driveway/carport and place the clues, and then we headed to the restaurant to snag a seat, place the final poem, and wait for her arrival.



She was so giggly and happy when she arrived, it was so cute! She said that it was a really fun end to her day, so I'm glad we threw together this little last minute celebration.


After dinner we took her out to see a movie of her choice - Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2. It was a fun night for sure.

2) Saturday Night Shenanigans
I had to work Saturday but in the evening we spent some time with three of my thirteen nieces and nephews. Madison had a birthday recently and we got her a gift card to Hobby Lobby because she looooves all things crafty. The deal was that on the next free weekend, we would take her to spend it. Her brother Jaxon was with us too, but she wanted a girls night, so Jaxon and Clinton hung out at our place playing video games while I took Madi and Sydney to Hobby Lobby. She was awesome in there, I loved watching her! She was just blazing through the place throwing things in the cart left and right, ha! She made off with quite the haul. While we were there, the girls helped me pick out the finishing touch for Clinton's anniversary present, and it was so cute how excited they were to be in on the secret.

After HL and before heading home, I took the girls for froyo - they said no boys allowed! Sassy.


On the way home we stopped to pick up some Taco Bell for the boys, and after eating we all headed over to the playground at our apartment. Jaxon ended up hurting his heel playing, so I went back inside with him for more video games while Clinton hung back to play make believe firefighters with Syd and Madi. Later, Clinton told me that after they were done playing they went for a walk around the complex all holding hands, and Madi told him, "You're more than an uncle to me - and trust me, that means a lot! You're more like my best friend," and Sydney chimed in with, "Yeah, you're our best friend!"

Please excuse me while I just melt all over the place. Clean-up in aisle 1, we've got a Reissig puddle here.

Eventually we took them all home where the girls immediately jumped in the pool for some night swimming and Clint and I spent a little bit of time with my sister and her husband. It was a good night!

3) Clevelend Inidans
The Indians are in the playoffs! I became an Indians fan because my grandfather was one. He passed several years ago, but I have his old jacket and even got to bring it with me to a game at Progressive Field in 2011 - it was a surreal experience.



Looks like I'll be rocking my custom jersey and grandad's jacket for a bit! #tribepride




4) Sunday Family dinner
Sunday we planned on having Tom and Debbie over for dinner and to watch football and the Kids Cookoff on Food Network (cutest show ever, by the way). During the day my friend and her family dropped by since they were on our side of town, so that was nice. My husband is a total crazypants and riled her kids up as he always does, and her husband said that he's just waiting until we have kids so he can get them all worked up too. Agh! I'll have to keep an eye on that one... ha!

Dinner was Braised Short Ribs on Parmesan Polenta with Balsamic Glazed Toasted Asparagus, and Toasted Baguette. It was delicious.




5) Harry Potter News
I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT SOMETHING.

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/7209


Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment