First comes love, then comes marriage (finally, 9 years later!), then comes a blog. That's how it goes, right?

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Alphablog - D

D is for Double Date Night

On Saturday the 19th we met up with some friends for a double date night. A few months ago Clinton's best friend Robert asked if we would want to meet up with him and his fiance Ashley to go see a comedy show. The comedian was Anthony Jeselnik who is not really my speed (offensive comedy), so I was definitely more in for the social aspect of the evening.

We decided to meet for dinner first and Clinton and I were in charge of picking where. Clinton thought a steakhouse would be a good choice since the other half of our part is sort of picky. He picked the steakhouse at Rawhide since it happened to be very near the venue. I sort of tried to warn him that the place wasn't exactly known for fine cuisine - it's an old western town with saloons and shootouts and stuff and it's more about the novelty than anything else, kind of like the Renaissance Festival. We went anyway and, well... it was a little bit of a disaster, ha! The food was pretty blah - frozen garlic bread, rubbery/inedible corn on the cop, and Clinton's steak was the most undercooked steak in the history of undercooked steaks - and then the service wasn't good, either. This all sounds like we had a pretty irritating time but honestly, it's the company that counts and we were all laughing and having a fun time, so whatever! It was the first time I had met Ashley so it was good that we finally all got a chance to hang out.

After we ate, we headed over to the venue where the show was, grabbed some drinks, and settled in for some laughs. I liked the opening act - I think her name was Cameron something? She was pretty funny and interacted with the crowd a lot, which was cool. After that, Jeselnik came on and did his show, and it was kind of what I expected - it wasn't my cup of tea, but I didn't have a miserable time or anything - but the guys were cracking up, so that was kinda funny to watch. After the show we all stood around in the parking lot shooting the breeze and joking around for another hour or so, before I had to bow out since I was the only one who had to work the next morning.

Despite the comical dining experience and the not so comical comic, I still had a great night, and I'm really glad we went.



No comments:

Post a Comment